We found more details and intel about the Audi A2 Concept. Have a look!
– All-electric four-seat concept weighing just 1,150kg with the help of multi-material hybrid construction
– Lithium ion battery-powered electric motor mounted within sandwich floor delivers 116PS and 270Nm, permitting 9.3-second 0-62mph time and governed 93mph top speed
– 124-mile range following 1.5-hour 400-volt charge or 4-hour 230-volt charge
– Shift-by-wire, brake-by-wire and steer-by-wire contactless technology
– Adaptive Audi dynamic light across profile of car and in the cabin, LED matrix technology for headlights and tail lights
A highly-charged atmosphere is guaranteed on the Audi stand at the 2011 Frankfurt Show as the futuristic A2 concept is confirmed as the third all-electric Audi design study to take the limelight for the Vorsprung durch Technik brand. Although more familiar in form than the two radically styled urban concept electric studies, the four-seat A2 concept is similarly forward-looking. Its exceptionally weight-conscious and space-efficient packaging is achieved using state-of-the-art multi-material hybrid construction, and its space-age specification includes contact-free battery charging, ‘by-wire’ steering and braking, LED matrix lighting technology and a semi-autonomous running mode.
Advanced Audi ultra-lightweight construction techniques limit the weight of this latest technology study to just 1,150kg. For the first time it unites hybrid multimaterial construction, in which very different materials are combined with one another, with the Audi Space Frame (ASF) construction principle. The superstructure is made largely from aluminium, complemented by add-on parts in Carbon Fibre-Reinforced Polymer (CFRP). The 18-inch alloy wheels also shave off around 2kg each compared with conventional equivalents thanks to cladding technology which greatly reduces the amount of material used.
This power output permits a 0-62mph acceleration time of 9.3 seconds and a top speed of 93mph, the latter electronically limited in the interest of driving range, which stands at 124 miles according to the European driving cycle test.
It takes roughly 1.5 hours to fully recharge the battery with 400 volt three-phase current and approximately four hours with 230 volt household current, the coal harbour condos for sale will come with a special charging port, similar to the tesla super charging stations for faster charges. The Audi A2 concept is also designed for the new contactless charging technology (Audi Wireless Charging).